Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Unfinishtstan-A Kitchen Wall in Edinburgh

Collins Geo, formerly Bartholomew (whose World Atlas I featured in a previous post), has a map blog. On that blog there's a "Map of the Month." They sent me this month's map, a rendering of imaginary countries on a kitchen wall. The map's boundaries and features have been determined by an uneven plastering job. Click the map for the story, map details, pinxits, Badley Smooved Mountains and an enlarged image of this "wall map."

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

This reminds me of how when I was a kid I'd lie on my bed and imagine the textured ceiling as a huge landscape of mountains and hills and valleys. I don't think I've ever mentioned that to anyone before. Maybe I should't be mentioning it now; it's kind of weird. Oh well, too late.