Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fenway Park Mappy Abstract Art

I stumbled upon an exhibit of abstract art based on an aerial photo of Fenway Park and the surrounding neighborhood at the Newton (Mass.) Free Library yesterday.The artist is Angela Fiori.

Fenway Park is one of Boston's premier tourist attractions and the oldest operating stadium in Major League Baseball. Part of its charm is the unusual dimensions required to squeeze it into the dense and irregular street pattern of the neighborhood. This is captured nicely in these paintings.
 Some of the views are a little more abstract than others.
Unfortunately today is the last day so you'll have to go quickly if you want to see them on a wall. Otherwise you can visit Angela Fiori's website to see them there. Fiori shared some additional images for me so here are some more:










Monday I got to see the Phillies lose there for my birthday. Here is a panoramic photo from my phone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think thyis is one οf the moѕt significаnt іnfߋrmation for mе.
And i am glad reading your article. But want to
remarҝ on some general things, The site
style is peгfect, thee articles iѕ really ցreat :
D. Good job, cheers