Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Map Acquisition Syndrome

Map Acquisition Syndrome - is there a cure? I have been given so many maps by people clearing out their apartments that it has overwhelmed my filing system. Many have been sitting in shopping bags for a year now while I figure out what to do with them. Here are some paper maps people have foisted on me knowing I can't say no. This is therapy-before I file them away I need to show off my bounty.

Insight FlexiMap of Budapest - so shiny it's hard to get a good picture.
For contrast here's the Budapest tourist agency map  
Details from the shiny flip side of the Insight map - the road to Lake Balaton and the Metro
 
Rand McNally map of Italy-an undated map from a Fodor's travel guide. The credits mention a Stuttgart office that no longer seems to exist. 
Here is a newer Fodor's map of Naples. This one produced by the British map company Lovell Johns.
Old Quebec - a nice pictorial map  
"Marco Polo" map of Russia. These maps come with stickers so you can mark places of personal interest. 
Same company-Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Note the delicate task of naming Saigon. 
Official City of Rome tourist map with pictorial details.
Monte Carlo tourist agency map
Bilbao Turismo
Bilbao Transportes 
AAA map of Tucson
Sorry for the poor quality of some of these pictures. I don't have a professional map photography setup. There are many more - stay tuned for another installment.

No comments: